Penny

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Penny -12 wk old Terrier x Collie *HOMED*

Postby kaydoyle » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:14 am

This little baby is gone into foster with Susan, who will update soon.
Attachments
penny5.jpg
penny5.jpg (257 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
penny4.jpg
penny4.jpg (184.93 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
penny2.jpg
penny2.jpg (101.89 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
Indianna

Re: Penny -12 wk old Terrier x Collie

Postby Indianna » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:41 pm

:shock: Pretty Penny's image made me take a sharp intake of breath and it raised my heart rate a bit. She is exactly what my Cassie dog must have looked like when she was a puppy dog. My great old girl - I will certainly be following this great young girl :)
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:03 pm

This little sweetheart arrived last night. :D :D

She arrived to BEDLAM so it was a toughie for her. I had a gang of teens in the back of the house, five excited doggies - and me - in the front of the house and trick or treaters every 2 minutes!!! :lol: :lol: So no wonder she was a little bit timid (or so I thought. . . . . . ) Turns out Penny is a really gentle, shy little girl by nature - a culture shock after Miss Cocksure 2012 (aka Allie, only gone since Monday)

Penny is the sweetest, gentlest puppy imaginable, never happier than when she is in someone's arms being cuddled. She tends to approach the other doggies a little on her belly as if not too sure of how they will react but, to their credit, they are being very careful with her and already her confidence is growing (just a little!!!) She is eating well, she slept well last night - she is sleeping quite a bit but, again, that is probably in comparison to the little pocket-rocket, Allie!! :lol: :lol: Can't wait to get to know this little lady a bit better. :D :D :D
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Well our little Penny-farthing has settled in really well and we all adore her! She is growing in confidence but she continues to be a timid little lady especially if confronted with something new. ;) She does NOT like strange noises and cars passing on the road outside - when she is out - make her shake all over (thank heaven for double glazing as she doesn't hear them inside). She LOVES being held and cuddled and will happily sit on your lap for the whole evening if you let her. :D :D She is looking a little less thin than when she arrived and she loves her grub - and OURS if there is any going!!! :lol: :lol: She has copped on to the "sit if you want something" routine and has started to make her way outside to do her business 90% of the time! :D She is a real little sweetheart. :D :D
Attachments
CAM_1178.JPG
CAM_1178.JPG (60.42 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 pm

And another pic of the little princess . . . . . . :D
Attachments
CAM_1173.JPG
CAM_1173.JPG (56.72 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
danemark

Postby danemark » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 pm

What a little dote, You are the greatest person with foster doggies, teens and trick or treaters, this little princess will have a wonderful start on her road to her forever family.
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:52 pm

This gorgeous little girl is still melting the hearts of all here and continues to be a gentle, calm little soul. :D :D She has found her voice - courtesy of Zuri who wants to share the blame when the inevitable "WILL YOU SHADDUP!!!" echoes from some part of the house where a television programme is being watched to a chorus of yaps!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Penny was microchipped and received her first vax the other day and she cried :( :( - to be fair, she doesn't have a lot of flab for the needle to go into so it's gonna hurt!!!
Toilet training still going well. Penny has become really devoted to the other dogs here and seeks them out at every opportunity, especially when she is feeling tired and needs a nap. She is still spooked by "the great outdoors" and gets terribly upset if we try to leave the house with her. :? :? A total PET!!! :D :D
Attachments
CAM_1210.JPG
CAM_1210.JPG (73.72 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 pm

My foster sis, Zuri, was paid handsomely for the "cleaning the ears" job . . . . . . :lol: :lol:
Attachments
CAM_1195.JPG
CAM_1195.JPG (70.06 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Can I have a turn? Pretty please???? :lol: :lol:
Attachments
CAM_1205.JPG
CAM_1205.JPG (63.67 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
michellemc

Postby michellemc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:41 am

I love this little lady. She looks so much like my dog Maisy known as Pixie on the DID website. Im trying to convince my mam we need a second dog :P
Next

Return to Happy Endings