Siog - 8mt old Collie X - HOMED

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
Neena85

Re: Siog - 8mt old Collie X

Postby Neena85 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:38 am

Hi! How old is she? Is she ok with cats? What's her height at the withers? I'm looking for a young collie female to do agility with - would you say she would be a good sports working dog? :-) Thank you :-)
PatC

Postby PatC » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:41 am

Hi Neena,

I had to look up what withers were :roll: .
I'll measure her over the next few days, but i warn you it may not be 100% accurate as I have never done it before.
She hasn't shown any interest in cats when we have been out on the street, even while Harry has been going balistic beside her. I am going to take her over to my sisters tomorrow even to see how she gets on with her cats.
The only thing that I would say is that she is not an overly energetic dog, she runs after Harry for about 15 -20 mins in the park and then she slows down to walk with me. She loves her sleep. But having said that her energy levels have gotten better since she has been with us, so maybe this is something that would improve.
Attachments
Siog2.jpg
Siog2.jpg (95.08 KiB) Viewed 580 times
“In times of joy, all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag.”
― W.H. Auden
Neena85

Postby Neena85 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks a mill for your answers. If she seems to show no interest of cats she should be fine with mine :-) I'd like to know what her size is agility-wise would she be a medium or large dog.. hence withers ;-) What avenue she? Is she still only a pup? I'd like to come and meet her - there certainly is a lot of collie in her so she must be quite active by nature unless she isn't very fit atm.. what do you think she's crossed with? And how would you classify her alertness - you said she was always on the go - is she? Would she be quite curious of what's going on around her? Quick or slow learner? I know it all sounds very formal but I'm looking for a dog to compete with as well as a family member so those factors really are very important to me :-)
PatC

Postby PatC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi Neena,
to be prefectly honest, Whilst Siog is quite tall, she is a timid lady. She likes her home comforts, resting on the sofa, getting cuddles, playing a bit of tug with Harry followed by a nice cup of tea. I'm quite sure that she was a victorian lady in a previous life. :D

She shy's away from sudden movements and loud noises (I think she finds them a little gauche) because of this I genuinely do not think that she would be suitable for trails.

She would be best suited a a fairly quiet home either on her own or with another dog. All Siog asks for is to be loved, I really believe that she is and would be quite happy with that.

Apologies for any disappointment that this causes but I am best to be honest with you.
― W.H. Auden
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:16 pm

This little lady has decided to become "Princess Siog" and stay in her home with "Prince Harry"....just the best news on such a bad week :D 8-) :D
Attachments
IMAG0062.jpg
IMAG0062.jpg (74.36 KiB) Viewed 526 times
IMAG0041 (2).jpg
IMAG0041 (2).jpg (82.25 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
LuvMyFurKids

Re: Siog - 8mt old Collie X - RESERVED

Postby LuvMyFurKids » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:38 am

Congrats to the Royal Household on becoming failed fosterers and adding a princess to your family. Siog may you continue to reign for many happy years over your loyal human subjects!
Audrey
Luv My Fur Kids
PatC

Re: Siog - 8mt old Collie X - HOMED

Postby PatC » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:07 am

Royal Announcement:

I, Princess Siog would like to thank you all for your wonderful comments. I am really sorry for not communicating sooner but I have been busy acclimatising to city life, one has to admit that it has not been easy, as life here is pretty fast paced . However with the help of a few people, I have realised that a crisp packet blowing in the breeze will not slice my head off and that there is no danger of one of those thousands of lamposts falling on my head.

My loyal courtisans Prince Harry and Pat bring me to see the most interesting places, I think that I have been to almost every park in the city, but one's favourite place has to be the beach at dollymount, there is is just something about the sand underfoot and the sea breeze that make one feel wonderful.

Thank you all again for your support.

Princess Siog.

Ta ta.
Attachments
HSP.jpg
P.S. Here is a photo of one with one's courtisans just moments before I decided to bathe in the Lily pond.
HSP.jpg (230.87 KiB) Viewed 475 times
― W.H. Auden
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:38 pm

One is looking fabulous 8-) . Trips to the beach must agree with one. This particular flunky wishes you and your family nothing but the very best, your most humble servant :P
LuvMyFurKids

Postby LuvMyFurKids » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:50 am

We are most humbled by ones wonderful update !
Audrey
Luv My Fur Kids
PatC

Postby PatC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:23 am

I'm sorry but I just had to post this!
Attachments
ahhh.jpeg
ahhh.jpeg (82.98 KiB) Viewed 436 times
― W.H. Auden
PreviousNext