Thor

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Re: Pepper - 8wk old jrt x puppy - RESERVED

Postby kaydoyle » Sat May 21, 2011 1:29 pm

This special little Angel has already picked his forever family and is being adopted by the fantastic Colgan family :D 8-) :D He will be cherised and adored & is one lucky little man :D :D
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
tracy

Postby tracy » Sat May 21, 2011 2:42 pm

thats great news :D
tara

Postby tara » Sat May 21, 2011 2:56 pm

you lucky little man!!
how many is that now colgans?? there must be more 4 legged family members than 2 by this stage :lol: :lol:
you really are true animal lovers :D
A dog is the only thing on earth who loves you more than you love yourself
lainey

Postby lainey » Sat May 21, 2011 4:31 pm

How lucky is Pepper?????? I think the Colgans may need more sofas though......................... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Sat May 21, 2011 8:34 pm

We have just levelled up the human - canine ratio with the adoption of Pepper. :D It would just be too hard to let him go after all he has been through. My son, Adam, is the official adopter - he has wanted to adopt him from the minute he came through the door so he will make CANINE COLGAN number 5!!! Never saw that coming but some things are meant to be. . . Looking forward to getting him back to full fitness. :D :D
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Thu May 26, 2011 4:21 pm

Well this little guy - renamed Thor to the delight of my son and the chagrin of my daughter!!! - is getting stronger by the day thank God. :D Physically he is almost back to normal but the emotional scars of a 12 day sojourn in the vets are proving a little harder to heal. :( Don't get me wrong, he was treated wonderfully in the vets but the enforced separation from his only recently acquired foster family when he was feeling so awful has left him very fearful of being left alone. He accompanies me EVERYWHERE I go - to the bathroom, upstairs, every trip in the car - wherever I am, there you will find him. :) He finds it very hard to sleep in one of the many doggie beds in the house, he really only sleeps soundly on some lap or other. He finds it hard to settle at night even with the company of the other dogs - he doesn't cry but we leave him standing at the door when all the others, even little Pippy , have found their beds. :? This anxiety will pass, I know but it is hard to watch him struggle with separation anxiety especially when he didn't start out that way. Photos to follow, I promise!!! :D :D
ColganFamily

Re: Pepper - 8wk JRT x *RESERVED*

Postby ColganFamily » Mon May 30, 2011 9:48 am

This special little man is well on the road to recovery. Physically he is absolutely great, he has put on weight and is back to his crazy, playful self. :D He is also becoming less anxious which is fantastic to see cos to watch him agonise over the eternal "will she be back?" question was very difficult. He is still happier when I am within view and within "sitting on my lap" distance but he will occasionally settle down on his own and I know he WILL get there. :D :D Just a few updated photos as promised.
Attachments
CAM_0533.JPG
CAM_0533.JPG (66.32 KiB) Viewed 658 times
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Mon May 30, 2011 9:51 am

And another one for good measure. . . .
Attachments
CAM_0534.JPG
CAM_0534.JPG (76.32 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 am

:D Great to see him looking so well after his 'episode'. Poor little mutt. Its nice that he is relaxing a bit more now and he will forget all his traumas and insecurities eventually. Bet he will retain a tiny bit of "where is she", "hope she is coming back" but will be relaxed and secure enough to deal with that ;) Look forward to hearing about him as he grows up. If only all these dogs knew how many nutters are following them :shock:. Now, that really WOULD scare them :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Re: Pepper - 8wk JRT x *HOMED*

Postby kaydoyle » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Well...Pepper (now Thor) is offically a member of the Colgan family :D He is one lucky little man and I have to say one of the most adorable, lovable and cutest puppies I have met :D Be happy little man and I know we will get loads of updates :D
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
PreviousNext

Return to Happy Endings