Raffi - 10mt old Terrier x Puppy -HOMED

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Re: Raffi - 10mt old Terrier x Puppy -HOMED

Postby kaydoyle » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:51 am

On holidays in Sligo 8-)
Attachments
ra.jpg
ra.jpg (24.56 KiB) Viewed 861 times
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 am

Enjoying a day out at Farmleigh 8-)
Attachments
rapark.jpg
rapark.jpg (106.46 KiB) Viewed 844 times
raffisfamily

Postby raffisfamily » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:39 am

Just an update on how Raffi is getting on. As I type he's fast asleep here at my feet - he loves his sleep!! He is still as wonderful as ever - even more so to be honest. We just had a Confirmation party complete with bouncy castle and a ton of kids and Raffi enjoyed every bit of it and was so so good. He was going around trying to Hoover up every little morsel that was dropped on the ground :D I cannot find the words to describe what a wonderful dog Raffi is - he has the sweetest, kindest nature of any dog I have met. And have I mentioned how handsome he is......sometimes I am admiring him so much that dh reminds me I didn't actually give birth to him myself!! :lol:

He has been to Sligo on holidays with us twice now to see his human nanan and grandad and he adores the going down there. We are able to let him off the lead on the beach there as we can be confident he cant run off on us - all bets are off though when he sees another dog, he takes off like a racehorse to play with them. He took his first swim last weekend and as with everything Raffi does he was a natural at it! Poor thing gets a surprise every time he tries to drink the sea water though :o

He's great in the car once we let him travel on an empty stomach (thanks to his foster mum marie for that tip) - we just strap him into his harness and he snuggles down in the back seat with the kids until we get there. His Nanan and grandad are very impressed with what a good dog he is and they love having him to visit.

We and everyone who meets him cannot for the life of us understand how Raffi ended up with DID but we are delighted that he did because we now have the pleasure of his company and for that we are so so grateful.

Thank you all at DID so much for Raffi and keep up all the fantastic work that you do. For anybody who, like me, was looking at the site for ages before making the first move - go ahead fill in those adoption forms, and contact DID, it will be one of the best things you will ever do. :D :D :D
Attachments
photo-2.jpeg
photo-2.jpeg (82.57 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Angela1

Postby Angela1 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:37 pm

what a lovely update on Raffi... Huge thanks to his amazing forever family it sounds like he's having a fabulous time ... party-food,bouncing castles, kids to play with, beach holidays.

It's so true about the amazing work that happens on a daily basis for the D.I.D. doggies, just when you think they couldn't possible do any more off they go again.

Have a wonderful summer Raffi ... look forward to reading about your summer adventures!
Twist
Site Admin

Postby Twist » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Raffi is coming back to me for two weeks of his holidays so that should be fun.
Milo will love it to have someone his own age.
I am looking forward to seeing him ;)
This fellow could be another Pudsey lookalike. :D
Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act - Einstein.
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Raffi on his holidays :lol:
Attachments
gang4.jpg
gang4.jpg (184.66 KiB) Viewed 772 times
gang2.jpg
gang2.jpg (333.13 KiB) Viewed 772 times
gang.jpg
gang.jpg (256.37 KiB) Viewed 772 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:24 pm

:lol: :lol:
Attachments
ref1.jpg
ref1.jpg (31.39 KiB) Viewed 743 times
ref.jpg
ref.jpg (33.92 KiB) Viewed 743 times
raffisfamily

Postby raffisfamily » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi raffi

You look like you are having a wonderful time with Marie, Jamie, Lovley lulu and the rest of the gang. :D :D

BUT

We are missing you so so much :cry: :cry:

We met a lovely dog here in Italy called Lucy and you would be very smitten with her. She is also a rescue dog and was abandoned in a box in the park with the rest of her litter. :cry: Apparantley there are lots of dogs abandoned here especially in the Summer months. Lucy has landed on her four paws though and has a lovely owner now......happy days :D

Enjoy the rest of your holidays Raffster.....big huge hugs from us all xxxxx
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

After his haircut 8-) 8-)
Attachments
raf4.jpg
raf4.jpg (213.84 KiB) Viewed 714 times
raf2.jpg
raf2.jpg (148.8 KiB) Viewed 714 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 am

From Raffis family :D

Well everything is going great with lots of adventures on the way...! We were just admiring Raffi when the kids were asleep last night....he was all cuddled up asleep too, with his paw twitching away and a smile on his face, as if he was running miles in his happy dreams, when it occurred to us that we hadn't even met Raffi this time last year. That got us to wondering what the poor guy was going through this time last year, which led to thinking about all those other poor unloved dogs out there and especially about all the fantastic work that DID do. How did Raffi spend last Christmas? He won't know what is happening when we put up our Christmas tree this weekend....it should be fun!! I reckon we will spend a lot of time chasing him around to retrieve stolen decorations from the lower branches :-\
Attachments
rraf.JPG
rraf.JPG (67.92 KiB) Viewed 627 times
PreviousNext

Return to Happy Endings